This positional language learning kit uses tiny toys to teach & learn the correct use of: in, on, under, beside, between, in front of, and behind. Young children learn oral language and reading skills best together when their hands and sense of play are involved too!
NOTE: We are proud to have created this environmentally-friendly, upcycled play set by combining pieces from multiple sources, redirecting them from landfill and extending their play value. Because of the upcycled nature of this learning kit, the specific pieces included may differ from those shown in picture.
- 16 toys representing locations and objects
- 7 sentence cards with spaces for either objects or word cards
- 16+ word cards representing all included objects (more in cases where students may use a variety of words for the same object, or if gendered and gender-neutral nouns are included)
- 1 bonus word card: we've included "are," to adapt sentences for plural nouns!
Condition: Excellent Used Condition (toys) and NEW lesson cards
Ages: 3+ (small parts)
- Oral language & vocabulary development
- English grammar
- Early reading skills & sight words
- Word work: close study of similar words (e.g., robot vs. rabbit)
- Phonemic awareness & matching words to objects
- Fine Motor Skills: Promotes dexterity, hand-eye coordination
- Imagination & Creativity: Encourages imitative and imaginary play; promotes story telling, role playing, and creativity