A, E, I, O, U, and sometimes Y: Learn about long & short vowel sounds through play, the Tiny Toy way.
We are proud to have created this environmentally-friendly, upcycled learning set by combining pieces from multiple sources, redirecting them from landfill, and curating them for literacy learning. Each set of tiny toys is unique, and hand-curated by our primary teacher-librarian and Tiny Toy Co. founder, with 20 years experience as an emergent reading expert.
Use the included sorting mats to separate the 10 objects in each vowel jar/tub into 5 long vowel sounds, and 5 short vowel sounds. We've left room in each jar/tub of 10 toys for you to grow your collection!
You might also like our Spotlight on Y learning kit (sold separately) which explores the unique 3-sound functionality of the letter Y!
- 50 upcycled tiny toys, including 5 short + 5 long vowel sounds for each vowel: a, e, i, o, and u
- 5 upcycled glass mason jars with NEW plastic storage lids -OR- 5 NEW stacking plastic tubs, labelled for easy sorting (select your preference)
- 1 NEW organic cotton bag to store unsorted parts
- 5 Short & Long Vowel Sounds sorting mats
- FREE BONUS: "10 Learning Activities with Tiny Toys" lesson plan!
- FREE BONUS: "Spotlight on Y" activity set with 3 toys for each of the letter Y's 3 sounds!
Condition: Excellent Used Condition
Ages: 4+ (very small parts & optional glass storage jars)
- Phonemic awareness (letter/sound/word associations)
- Pre-reading & early reading skills
- Oral vocabulary development
- Fine motor skills
- Play-based learning
Note: each set of 50 tiny toys is unique and may differ from those depicted, but will always represent 5 short and 5 long vowel sounds for each of the vowels a, e, i, o, u.