This is our most comprehensive, integrated learning unit yet! Based on two classic books, The Cat in the Hat and Ten Cats Have Hats, we'll explore rhyming, word building, and take a deep dive into the number 10.
Use our customized 10 Frames and our upcycled toy cats and hats to explore the quantity of 10.
Use our upcycled toy letters and numbers to build addition and subtraction sentences up to 10, and generate the -at word family (cat, hat, sat, pat...)
Add a dramatic play around the Cat in the Hat with brand new finger puppets, and a brand new wooden puzzle.
- Book: Cat in the Hat
- Book: Ten Cats Have Hats
- Cat in the Hat wooden puzzle *NEW*
- Cat in the Hat finger puppets *NEW*
- 10 toy hats
- 10 toy cats
- Double Ten Frame (for 10 hats and 10 hats) *NEW*
- Single Ten Frame *NEW*
- Instruction card for using a Ten Frame *NEW*
- Toy numbers for +/- to 10
- Toy letters for -AT word family
- Cat in the Hat lacing activity *NEW IN BOX*
Condition: Excellent Used Condition
Ages: 3+ (small parts) - perfect for JK/SK/Grade 1
- Math: numeracy, addition, subtraction, base 10
- Language: word building, word families
- Literacy: rhythm & rhyme stories perfect to hear read aloud, and easy enough to read independently
- Fine Motor Skills: Promotes dexterity, hand-eye coordination
- Imagination & Creativity: Encourages imitative and imaginary play; promotes story telling, role playing, and creativity